Saturday, August 8, 2009

Tyler Turns 4


Tyler just turned 4! I cannot believe that he is that old already! We had a lot of fun celebrating throughout the week!

On the Thursday before his birthday we had a birthday party at our house. We decided to have a party for him this year since we just moved, and thought it would be a great way for him to get to know the kids his age better, and for me to get to know their moms better. We invited the kids from primary his age. It turned out great, there were almost 40 people here. We set up the pool in the back yard and the slip'n'slide(thanks grammy). It was a great party! He asked me for a spiderman cake he saw at the store, so I made it for him. I love making my kids cakes.




On the Saturday before his birthday we took him to dinner at Red Robin to use his birthday coupon for a free kids meal. I told the waiter it was Tyler's birthday and he brought out an ice cream sunday, and had them sing to him. He was THRILLED!!!! when they finished singing he thanked them and then asked if he could sit by Conner so he could share the ice cream with him. He is always so good at sharing.

After Dinner we took the boys to see the movie Ice Age 3, this was the first time they had been to a movie at the theater, and they loved it. (Dustin slept the entire time in his car seat)(Thanks to Grammy and Grandpa for the gift certificates to the movies)


On Sunday(his actual birthday) We came home from church, he chose what we had for dinner, then we sang to him, had cake and he opened his presents. Before anyone dies from shock that we bought our 4 yr. old a skateboard, let me tell you the story. About 2 months ago Tyler started asking for a skateboard for his birthday. We could not figure out where this was coming from, since he has never seen anyone skateboard. Then I remembered that one of his favorite movies recently is called "An Extremely Goofy Movie" It is a disney movie about GOOFY and his son Max Goof, who goes to college, well in the movie Max skateboards. Anyways, once we figured out where it came from we spent the next 2 months convincing him that skateboards are dangerous and hard to ride. We took him to the store to see if anything else interested him, he would always say, "I want that AND MY skateboard.!" Anyways, after all was said and done we decided to get him a skateboard. As soon as he opened it, he started showing us tricks he could do! It is hilarious! He always has to wear a helmet, and wrist, knee, and elbow pads, but couldn't be happier.

Thank you to everyone who helped make Tyler's birthday special!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Awesome picture on the skate board :)and I really liked the spider-man cake...nice work!

Carolee said...

Wow, what a lucky big, birthday boy!! And 40 people?! That sounds like quite the party. I can't believe he's four already. It's sad how quickly they all grow up. sweet skateboard :)

Tami said...

Looks like a fun week for the 4 year old! We wish we could have been there! We miss you guys but are glad you are doing well! I was talking to the kids about going to Colorado this next week when Ryan comes home and Ethan kept saying "and we get to see Tyler too right?" So I would tell him "No, remember he moved." "Well, then we can see Conner.." it went on and on. He still wants to see Tyler!