Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Being Sick

So, unfortunately Stew brought home a lovely cold from his current rotaion in pediatrics and everyone has been sick. Stew was the first one to start coughing and it has been downhill from there. If you can imagine, Stew was so sick he even missed a day of school! (those of you who do not know him, he has not missed a full day of school since he was in the 8th grade!!!) So, for him to miss a day of medical school is a big deal. Anyways, he started feeling better, just in time for both boys to develope the lovely cough. It sounds so horrible!! It's times like these that make me irritated at the irresponsible parents who made it so no one can give their children cough medicine anymore. I get to stay home all day with sick kids coughing, crying, noses running, fevers, no sleeping, the works and I cannot do anything for them. It is moments like these that being a mom is hard, I feel so bad for them all and wish I was the sick one and not them! However, my reason for posting eventhough I should be sleeping is that Tyler keeps helping us remember how sweet, simple and innocent children really are. Everytime one of us asks him, "Tyler, do you feel sick?" his response is, " No, I not sick, I want to be happy mommy." I just smile and say Ok, I want you to be happy also. So, to everyone and anyone who has had anything going around come through your house, we hope you feel better soon, and remember to be happy!

Lacey

5 comments:

Reid and Mishel Stovall said...

I'm sorry that you and your family are sick! Get well soon!

tiffany garfield said...

Oh man! Feel better soon!

Stephanie said...

That is no fun, but Tyler is so sweet. Lucy had a little cold a couple of weeks ago and I had to take her in to the doctor to make sure it wasn't RSV and he prescribed cough medicine for her that I am pretty sure is the same stuff they used to sell over-the-counter, and my sister was able to just call the pediatrician and get them to call in a prescription for it for my niece. In case you are interested...

Parkinson Family said...

oh no, thats no fun. It is the saddest when you cant do anything to help them, but Tyler has the right spirit, good for him! :)

ribbij said...

suck it up stew - there's no crying in med school! I'm scared to death about all the goobers floating around on pediatrics... at least I'll be out of the flu season in may/june. hang in there...