Monday, May 12, 2008

The Wedding,wedding shower, my birthday, rockies-cardinals game, ect...






Finally, my birthday! Yeah, I am 25!! My birthday was on Thursday, May 8th. It was a great day. My brother and his wife Kelly were on a Cruise b/c he graduates from med school this week, and we had there 3 boys. Tyler was in heaven. We took them all to the Zoo on my birthday just to get out of the house. We all had a blast. When we got back home my mom made me a very good dinner and my favorite dessert. Then, my wonderful husband suprised me by getting home earlier than usual and bringing me two dozen beautiful red roses!! (This means a lot to me b/c he isn't big on flowers, since they just die) He also gave me the ingredients to make my dessert again. My other present (a new camera) is still in the mail, however I am very excited to get it!! I am grateful to have such a wonderful, thoughtful husband, who truly shows me he cares. It was a great day and I am grateful to everyone who made it special.(my dessert that I have had instead of cake since I was like 6 is fresh vanilla pudding(cooled), layered with raspberry jello with raspberries in it, and topped off with fresh whipped cream and a candle










In the middle of all of these things we went to Jessie and Adam's wedding in Utah. I drove out early tuesday morning, april 29th with the boys. There was a family dinner that night where we got to meet Adam's wonderful family. Later that night I got Stew from the airport. On Wed. April 30th we went to the ceremony at the SLC Temple, then had pictures, then went straight to the luncheon in Provo(which was wonderful), then we helped get ready and decorate for the reception, and changed for more pictures. We took pictures at the reception center then partied all night.



When it was finished we helped take down, then packed the car and left at 6:30 am to drive home. My entire family, all 30 of us (with Adam!!) were able to be at the wedding and then here in Colorado for the reception here. On friday, May2nd Adam's family flew into Colorado. I took them swimming at the Lone Tree Rec center, then we had a dinner party at my parents. The next morning all of the moms went to The Children's Museum, while the men got to help move furniture and get ready for the reception that night, at my parents home. The reception was a blast. We had a wonderful time at all the wedding events and enjoyed getting to know Adam's incredible family.










Moving on, my brother-in-law (Erik Zirker) gave us some rockies tickets and they just happened to be playing the St. Louis Cardinals (we are fans). Stew and I go to a rockies/cardinals game each year when they come, so it worked out perfectly. We sat in the second row behind the rockies dugout, cardinals hats and all. (RB would be proud) We took our boys and Stew's younger brother also came with us. During the bottom of the fifth inning warm-up I stood up with Tyler and yelled to the guy to throw him a ball, and HE DID!! he threw it to Tyler. The next few minutes were spent with Tyler showing everyone around him and saying, " I got this ball, that guy gave it to me." We had a great time and luckily did not get rained out. Tyler also loved eating peanuts with his dad. (mostly b/c he could make a mess with the shells and didn't have to pick them up).



These are a few picture from Jessie's shower here, held at Marilee Christofferson's home. One of them is of all of my sisters and mom and the gift we got Jessie(& Adam)
It was a great party, and as soon as I get more pictures I will post them. Thanks to Marilee for all of her work making it wonderful.




Here are a few pictures of the boys playing in the basment. Conner reading, mommy's new haircut, Tyler practicing to go pro, and how Conner feels about people getting too close to his food.



We have this wonderful place called the Childrens Museum here in Denver, and my mom has a grandparents pass so all the grandkids get in for free. So we all planned a day and went. The kids had a blast, this place is amazing. There is a huge gated area devoted to kids 4 and under, including a lily pad for under 6 months. Upstairs is loaded with a huge building center for kids to make whatever they want, a train room with hundreds of trains, a jungle gym forest, a grocery store with mini carts and registers, ect.. it is wonderful.

8 comments:

Carolee said...

Wow, you have been busy!! And of course... HAPPY BIRTHDAY! (I hope by now you've come to expect something from me a little late, right?:)
Love all the pics. Your boys are getting to be so big already!

Marilee said...

Good job on the "catch up" blog Lacey! Happy be-lated birthday! Looks like you had a fun day. Wow, 25...you're getting so old! :-) The wedding looked and sounded wonderful! Glad it all went so beautifully!

Reid and Mishel Stovall said...

Thanks for the pictures FINALLY! I have been dying! The more the better so keep them coming!

Heidi said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! It sounds like you've been VERY busy the last couple of weeks! Your boys are, as always, adorable. It's fun to see pictures. I like your new haircut, too! Very cute. I wish I had the guts to go shorter, but I hated the one time I did. But you look great!

tiffany garfield said...

It looks like you've been keeping busy and having lots of fun! Happy 25th Birthday! I love all the pictures! It sounds like the wedding turned out great. And I can't believe that you know 13 pregnant family and friends right now! haha. I got your email--I'm due in the fall--Late oct early Nov. and I don't know what I'm having. Anyway, keep in touch! Love always, Twink

Audra said...

Ok, I have to tell you again, that you are AMAZING! You do much wonderful stuff!

Ryan & Keri said...

I love the updates--so fun!!! And it looks like Jesse's wedding was so nice. Also, happy belated birthday; you have a sweet husband. I'm glad you had such a special day!

Trina said...

OH my goodness, Lacey you are too cute. You look just the same as I remember you!!! Glad you had a fun time!!