Thursday, November 6, 2008

Halloween for a week

So, we did several fun things this fall. We took the boys to a wonderful pumpkin patch and let Tyler pick out a small pumpkin, we took the boys to BOO at the ZOO, We attended our ward halloween party, then while we were visitng Stew while he is away in Texas we went to our friends ward halloween party. Our ward always has an award for best carved pumpkin and best costumes. So, since Stew was out of town the boys and I dressed up. Tyler was a fireman, Conner his firedog, and since I was holding conner the whole night, I went as a red fire hydrant. We had a blast, and won prizes for best costumes and our pumpkin(done mostly by Stew) won first prize by a landslide. We also had a fun fall party with some of our friends that we play soccer with. On actuall halloween night and for all other events Conner went as a doctor(I found green scrubs at a garage sale this summer for 50cents. They say doctor in training on the back, he also had a little doctors kit he carried around. Tyler's fireman costume is my favorite one I have ever seen and it was comfy.Luckily I have two boys who do not love candy. Conner will eat more than Tyler, but Tylr was happy to give up his candy. He informed me tat it isn't good for you and it can give you a tummy ache. He also will not drink po. I do not give it to him, and even when offered by others he turns them down and informs them it isn't good for you! (I will keep them thinking like this as long as I can)


We have also started going to Home Depot's FREE kids workshop the first saturday of the month and it is a blast, they get to hammer and build and all you do is show up. They get cool aprons and a pin for every project completed.

Also, like I said earlier, Stew is gone in Texas for an entire month doing an away rotation for medical school. My boys are dieing without him. So, we went to visit him for a few days down in Texas. It was fun, and the boys were so excited to see him. He will be back in three weeks!! I hope Tyler survives that long, he asks all day when we are picking daddy up from the airport. poor kid.
We also have deer that eat breakfast with us every morning, they let us come outside and watch them from close up.

This picture is of a lovley drawing the boys did while Stew was taking down the trash. Luckily it was only chalk, and I think they had as much fun washing it off as they did drawing it in the first place.













THE PUMPKIN!! you have to see this to believe it, it is a huge pumpkin my dad grew in his garden and it is heavy! He has grown them the last few years and everyone always looks forward to seeing stew's masterpiece.

5 comments:

Ryan & Keri said...

I LOVE all of the updates, Lacey! And your boys and you look amazing in their costumes. How did your husband carve that pumpkin? I would have felt nervous transporting it/carrying it in--like it's a cake or something. WOW!!! Amazing. Is he going to be a surgeon? Glad you guys are having such a great fall! Oh and where is Stew doing his rotation? If it's in Dallas, I should hook him up with my brother-in-law. He and his wife and kids would have him to dinner. They're pretty amazing.

The Moyers said...

What an amazing pumpkin!

Carolee said...

Ok, just have to post one more comment to say that Stew's pumpkin IS amazing! It's worthy of a Martha Stewart magazine. And I love the costumes, what a cute fire hydrant you make, Lacey!

Brandon and Laura said...

Tell Eric that he just redefined Stewart pumpkin craving. I have something to strive for....it looked awesome!

Audra said...

Holy Jack-0-lantern! Your hubby has skills!