Thursday, February 19, 2009

Hoppy Valentine's Day


I had the best valentines day I think that I have ever had. It was wonderful! On Friday night I put Conner to bed and left Tyler watching a movie with my sisrer Brittney, and Stew and I went to our Stake Sweetheart Ball. It wa a lot of fun. my sister Tara was their, and my brother-in-law Scoty and his band played for it. My brother Troy and his wife Brogan were also there. It was a nice night out. Then on Saturday after Stew returned from church ball, he gave me a beautiful red rose, a card, and a beautiful necklace. He is so thoughtful(he would kill me if he knew I said that)He doesn't really like valentines day b/c it is a made up holiday, however, he always tries to make it nice for me b/c he knows I like it. Then I made everyone heart shaped pancakes for breakfast. Then he told me to put the kids down for a nap and ask bird to watch them. He kidnapped me, made me lay down in the car and close my eyes while he drove, and he took me to the restaraunt where we had our wedding luncheon, La Dolce Vita. The restaraunts prices have more than doubled since we got married, so we do not ever go there, and it was a great suprise!! We had a nice, relaxing lunch together and got back before the kids even woke up. Later that night after dinner we took the boys and my sister to get ice cream at Baskin Robins. It was just a nice, relaxing, fun day together! The necklace is of a mother holding her baby. They make them so that they are one solid piece of silver to represent a mothers never ending love for her child.

3 comments:

Brandon and Laura said...

ah good job brother! I'm glad it was the best for you yet lacey!

Claradene said...

Another set of the cutest grandchildren in the world. Eric, all holidays are made up. You could exclude Easter since it reminds us of the greatest event of the world. But really if you think about it Thankgiving, Christmas, Mother and Father's Day, all VE or MLK days, Halloween, etc. Retailers' dreams mostly. See the point. People just like to celebrate and retailers like to make money. Valentine's Day is fun because you do try and think of something special for your loved ones. It doesn't have to cost a cent, but it come from the heart. Happy late Valentine's Day to Lacey, Eric, Tyler, and Conner. We were out running and freezing most of the day, or so it seemed. Take heart. Love, Mother

Claradene said...

Lacey, you did a great job posting the pictures and your wonderful summary of Valentine's Day. Thank you so much. And I am glad you had a fun Valentine's Day. When we were running down to C-470 along the Highline Canal we were thinking of you and hoping that you and the family were having a great day. Love, Claradene