Saturday, March 20, 2010

A Day in the ER!!!

So I spent my day in the ER today! We thought I had Strep Throat, however since it continued to get much worse, even on antibiotics, and I couldn't eat or open my mouth we decided I needed to go to the Emergency Room this morning. Stew was of course already working, so I took the boys to a friend and went to the hospital. It was AWFUL! I had to get an IV, then they sprayed my mouth with the worst tasting numbing medication ever, then stuck a needle into numb it up, then stuck in a needle to drain the Peritonsilar Abscess, then he took a scalpel and cut it!!! I am finally home, eating a Popsicle, and waiting for Stew to bring the kids home! YUCK! Hopefully I will finally be able to eat again for the first time in 4 days! I do not recommend having this happen! I do have to say that when Stew was able to come down and meet me it was so fun to see him at work, he truly is amazing. Knows his way around everything, was talking to the other residents and nurses. It was fun to see all of his hard work in action. We truly appreciate all of his hard work that he does for our family. I could not have made it through the procedure with out him by my side.

12 comments:

Brecken said...

So sorry Lacey!!! I hope you are feeling better soon! That sounds absolutely awful.

Ashli Paynter said...

oh my gosh scary. What the heck. I hope you start to feel better soon. Love you guys!

Laura said...

I so sorry! I happy Eric was able to be there for you at least...

Sarah Walton said...

Oh my gosh, Lacey, I'm so sorry! That sounds terrible! Let me know if I can do anything for you . . . . on the bright side, I love your blog!

Annie said...

Horrible! I am so sorry to hear about that. I hope you get feeling better very very soon.

Carolee said...

Lacey, that sounds horrible. Especially since I know how much you love needles. Glad you made it through!

Natalie said...

Fun blog Lacey! The ER trip sounded awful. HOpe you have a much better week.

Claradene said...

We are so glad you are better. Scary stuff, that strep. Great to talk to you and your blog is great. I enjoyed watching Tyler's recital. He is holding, plucking, and standing correctly! He is learning to play nicely. I loved the blue and gold banquet. Great job. And the Birthday cakes were so clever. I loved the 7 boy picture!! Amazing. Love, Grandma Stewart AKA Claradene

Unknown said...

glad to hear you are doing better!! that sounds horrible. and even more horrible since your husband is a resident and gone all the time!! but yeah for all the posts! it was fun to see all the new pictures and of course that we were part of them!!!! so fun to see you guys and yes we'll have to plan some more trips to see each other. you should come down in the summer and we could live at the pool for a week!!! not sure if we are going to utah still. talk to you soon

Kelly Evanson said...

whoops! that was me

b-ryce said...

You have cute kids! I hope you feel better!

Marilee said...

OOOOUCH!!!! I've never heard of such a thing! Hope you are all better by now!