So, My cousin Jenny tagged me about a month ago about my engagement and I am a slacker so here it is.
I was home for the summer after my freshamn year at college and had been attending the singles ward out here in Colorado. There was a large group of us who hung-out practically every night. One night at an FHE gathering my friends, Chris lamb & Chelsea (lamb) Hales brought along their long time friend Stew. After the activity everyone was headed over to Red Robin for fries and shakes. There were several guys in the ward who had street bikes, which I prefered to go on over a car anyday. I had however driven my dad's two week old Cadillac STS to the church. So, I tried to con one of my friends into driving the car the two miles to the Red Robin for me. I soon discovered everyone' aversion to driving my dad's new car. Then I saw him. He was standing with our mutual friends, the Lambs, and he looked safe enough to me, I also figured if he knew them it would be fine, so I proceeded to ask him to drive my dad's car for me. He agreed, and no sooner had I pointed out the car to him then I was off on a bike. I waited anxiously for him to arrive, only to find out he is apparently the world's safest driver. After he arrived, I thanked him and then asked him his name. Once inside I found that the only remaingin seat was next to him. That night I called my friend Jen Shear (who was out of town) and told her about the hot guy I had met and told her I was going to marry him. Little did we know that exactly one year later, we would do just that. We dated the rest of the summer, and then once we were back at school the relationship continued. Needless to say on April 1st 2003 he came to pick me up at my apt. to go on a motorcycle ride. I had been bugging him since we had been dating for almost 10 months and I had yet to ride on his bike. So, we headed off up the canyon. I had no idea b/c earlier that day one of the people from the ring shop had called me to set up another appointment to come in and look at rings. We proceeded up to Sundance and he parked by a bridge. We got off the bike and sat on the bridge. He said that he had gotten something for me while he had been up skiing w/the Jones', I of course curious asked, what is it? He said, well it is round and will probably fit on your finger. I asked him to show me, however as he was pulling it out of his pocket, it dropped in the water (by the way it was really dark out) I immediatley asked what had fallen in the water, he replied casually, "Your Ring" it is a good thing he was holding onto the side b/c I tried to push him in after it. After sometime stareing down I stood to look over the bridge and he replied, " So, will you still marry me?" My response, "I guess so!" (sarcastic of course0 He then got down on one knee and said,"well, if you will still marry me, I guess you can have the real one!" he pulled it out and said a few more incredibly romantic things and the rest is history!! (however on the ride back down, since we were on the motorcycle, he made me out it back in the box and in his pocket) 2 1/2 months later we were married. I am so grateful for him and cannot believe he is mine forever. I couldn't ask for a better husband or father to our kids. Isn't funny that so many of us were lucky enough to get such great men as husbands? Anyways, I truly Love him and will forever more! Thanks for loving me Stew!!!
LACEY
Monday, April 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Aww, so sweet. Time flies, doesn't it? Your boys' pictures turned out great!
Thats cute! I am glad you are happy! Your two little boys are so cute!!
how cute! i didnt know he rode a motorcycle, ill have to tell dave, we love motorcycles!
Post a Comment